FHEM NetworkDevice Module
This Repository holds modules for the integration of network devices
like access points and switches into FHEM.
- SyslogListener - listen to syslog messages from FHEM and integrate each message as a reading
- NetworkDevice - integrate snmp enabled network devices
Dominik Meyer email@example.com
- Fetch/Set standard SNMP values like sysName, sysContact, sysLocation
- identify layer2 and/or layer3 network switches
- Fetch port status (up, down), port names, port admin status
- Fetch port statistics (nr of packets, errors, bytes)
- identify routers, dsl-modems, access points
- fetch information and statistics from these devices
- set some port status (admin-mode, duplex mode, vlan, etc.)
I only provide a debian example. If someone can provide others for Redhat, Gentoo, etc.
please send me a pull request.
Debian requirements example
- apt-get install libsnmp-info-perl (all other requirements are installed with this)
- apt-get install snmp
- you require a decent version of snmp MIBs:
- sudo mkdir /usr/local/netdisco
- sudo git clone https://github.com/netdisco/netdisco-mibs.git /usr/local/netdisco/mibs
- sudo cp /usr/local/netdisco/mibs/EXTRAS/contrib/snmp.conf /etc/snmp/
- edit /etc/snmp/snmp.conf and deactivate all lines except for the vendor you own
snmp enabled devices. ref, net-snmp and cisco should always stay enabled !
- the last step can be ignored if you already have installed mibs into your system
FHEM Module Installation
Use the following commands to add this repository to your FHEM installation and install all my modules.
FHEM device definition
define switch NetworkDevice
not yet available
If you want to participate in the development of this module feel free to send me an email
or pull requests.
All my modules are licensed under GPLv2.